- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine complies with related laws and ordinances, such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and other codes.
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine sets forth rules pertaining to the appropriate handling of personal information, including personal information acquisition, usage, and supply, and enforces compliance to such among all individuals engaged in work at Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine.
- The collection and retention of personal information by Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine is subject to sound and appropriate security measures designed to prevent security breaches, unauthorized access, data falsification and data loss.
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine regularly revises and updates this Policy and associated rules and stipulations pertaining to the protection of personal information.
Matters concerning the handling of personal information acquired and retained by Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine
1.Appropriate acquisition of personal information
When acquiring personal information, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine clearly states the usage purpose, acquires information within the necessary scope only, and acquires it appropriately. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine uses personal information only within the scope of that purpose.
2.The usage purpose of personal information
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine uses the personal information it receives for the following purposes.
- To perform the content of transactions with customers and other clients, manage agreements, and provide post-agreement after service
- To introduce, sell, and solicit the products, services, etc. of Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine
- For the research, development, and market surveying regarding the products and services of Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine
- To create and issue name lists, deliver informational journals, etc., and provide information regarding meetings, events, etc.
- To implement clerical processing and information processing services pertaining to the consigned personal information
- For the exercising of rights and execution of obligations towards shareholders of Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine pursuant to the Companies Act and other related laws and ordinances and for shareholder management, such as generating shareholder data
- For the management and welfare benefits administration of officers, employees, and any other individuals engaged in work at Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine
- To supply to third parties with the prior consent of the person concerned
- To analyze the information pertaining to acquired browser histories, etc., implement promotion, advertising, and sales activities reflecting tastes and interests, and implement research, development, etc. pertaining to Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine products and services
- If Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine alters the usage purpose of the personal information it handles within a scope that can be reasonably recognized to be related to the above usage purpose, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine shall notify the person concerned of, or publicly disclose, the altered usage purpose.
- If Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine wishes to use personal information for any purpose other than (1) or (2) above, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine shall attain prior consent of the person concerned.
3. Safety control measures for personal information
In the management of personal information, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine implements appropriate and reasonable safety measures as follows to prevent the unauthorized access of personal information and the danger of loss, damage, altering, leaking, etc. of personal information. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine continuously reviews systems and measures related to personal information protection, and strives for the improvement of such.
- Establishing a basic policy
- To ensure the appropriate handling of personal information, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine sets forth this Policy.
- Maintaining rules regarding the handling of personal information
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine sets forth handling rules regarding the handling of personal information, including acquisition, usage, storage, supply, deletion/destruction, etc., and enforces compliance to such among all individuals engaged in work at Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine.
- Organizational safety control measures
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine maintains an administrator regarding the handling of personal information, clarifies the personnel engaged in the handling of personal data and the scope of personal data handled by that personnel, and maintains a system of reporting to and communicating with the administrator upon becoming aware of a violation of law or handling rules, or any indication of such.
- Personnel related safety control measures
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine conducts training and education for personnel regarding points of concern pertaining to the handling of personal information.
- Physical and environmental safety control measures
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine manages the entry and exit of personnel in areas in which personal data is handled and implements measures to prevent viewing by unauthorized individuals and measures to prevent the theft, loss, etc. of devices, electronic media, paper materials, etc. containing personal data.
- Technological safety control measures
- Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine implements access control and limits staff in charge of handling personal data and the scope of the personal information databases, etc., handled by that staff. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine incorporates a framework to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized outside access and unauthorized outside software.
- Assessing foreign environments
- When handling personal data in foreign countries, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine implements safety control measures based on an understanding of that country's systems pertaining to the protection of personal information, etc.
4. Supplying personal information to third parties
Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine will not disclose or supply personal data that it retains to a third party without the consent of the person concerned. However, in the following cases, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine may disclose or supply personal data without the consent of the person concerned.
- In cases pursuant to law
- When necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned is difficult
- When particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or promotion of the healthy development of children, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned is difficult
- When cooperation is required in the execution of legally mandated duties by a national government institution, a local government organization, or an entity commissioned by such, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned could potentially hinder the execution of those duties
5. Shared use of personal information
Regarding the personal data retained by Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine (names, genders, addresses, dates of birth, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, contact information (company names, division titles, etc.), numbers identifying the person concerned, transaction content, transaction history, etc.), Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine may share such data with Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine subsidiaries and affiliates under the management and responsibility of Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine to achieve the purpose in 2. (1) above. For the Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine address and representatives, see
6．Outsourcing personal information
When outsourcing personal information handling to a third party, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine assesses aspects including the state of safety control measures of the contractor and selects contractors that can be deemed as handling personal information appropriately. Furthermore, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine implements appropriate supervision of the contractor, such as signing nondisclosure agreements with the contractor.
7．Personal information disclosure, etc.
Regarding the personal information Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine retains, if Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine receives from the person concerned a request for notification regarding usage purpose, a request for the disclosure, correction, supplementing, deletion, ceasing of usage, etc. of the personal information, or a request for disclosure of records concerning supply of the information to third parties, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine will, pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and within a reasonable scope, supply such without delay. Direct such requests to the contact information in item 9 below.
Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine strives for appropriate and prompt handling of any claims, etc., regarding the handling of personal information. Direct claims, etc. to the contact information in item 9 below.
Direct any personal information claims or other inquires related to personal information to the contact information below.
General Affairs Department, Hitachi Zosen Marine Engine Co., Ltd.
1, Ariake, Nagasu-machi, Tamana-gun, Kumamoto 869-0113, Japan
As of April 1, 2023